Sunday, July 26, 2009

In the beginning....



Skyler flew to Sau Paulo Brazil on July 14, 2009. At the airport he met an Elder he had played basketball against in high school. They immediately had a connection and made the transition much easier.
I'm sitting in a computer room at Mr. Cheneys Cookie store with a bunch of other Elders and we're all writing letters to our families! It's crazy that I've been out here a week already! We love it here so far. Upon arriving in Brazil, we had to check in with the federal police. I felt like Jason Bourne! The first week has been awesome. We've learned how to say our prayers (oracaos) and our testimonies (testemunhos) in Portuguese and that's been a lot of fun. I love the Elders in my room. We have been having so much fun. I'll have to send you a picture of the view from our room - it's awesome! We got to go to the temple today on our P-day. We did our first session in the Sao Paulo temple and it was awesome. I loved it. It's kinda crazy to think that the church still operates just the same clear out here in Brazil and everywhere else in the world. The rumors are true about the pineapple. It's super gooood! Looooove it! I love all of you and just know I am doing good and we love the work out here. The spirit is AMAZING!
We can email our friends if we email it to you (family) and then you forward it to their email address. The church is true!!

1 comment:

  1. Good Job Jill!! This is looking great. Let me know if I can help in any other way. The biggest challenge now is to find the time to keep it up right?

    ReplyDelete